Sunday, December 11, 2011

When I die put my ashes inside one of those exploding golf balls

I love Dairy Creek Golf Course / Zero Waste Park. It's unbelievably beautiful, nestled among the raptor flown grasslands, ocean breezes and ancient volcanos. I told my golf partner that when I die I want my ashes spread on the course. But I was thinking that I could multitask by playing a prank if my ashes were stuffed into an exploding golf ball. Maybe my remains could be stuffed down the shaft of my buddy's driver, then I could hack and shank my way into the afterlife.

But seriously, when I die I plan to leave some of my assets to support Dairy Creek and the important environmental leadership that is taking place there. I imagine that there are a lot of golfers that could help save the planet for their grandchildren by supporting environmental improvements at their local golf course. Whatever we care about, whether it's golf, football, fishing...whatever, think about giving support to those in that sport or industry that are using their facility or visibility to promote environmental best management practices.

That money isn't going to do you any good when you're dead and gone, so why not not call the lawyer and change your will today, before you forget about it. For that matter, you probably have too much money even now, so why not make a charitable donation to your course or environmental non-profit before years end. Your donation could start a whole environmental movement within your course and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment